Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Re: [BLUG] Presentation idea [Was: Where is everybody?]

No one else is chiming in, so I don't know if that's a sign or not,
but I stand by my previous confidence that I'd get a lot out of this
presentation. Of course, if the past is any indication, something
will probably come up the day of the meeting that will keep me from
seeing it anyway. :-\

David


On Mon, Jun 18, 2007 at 03:44:05PM +0000, Mark Krenz wrote:
>
> Well it would be more than just "Here is my desktop in all its glory,
>bow before it" kinda thing. It would be more of showing you how I use
>computers to get things done. What programs I use that make processing
>easier, what mail program I use and why, etc. Perhaps calling it a
>presentation on my desktop is inaccurate, it should have been called a
>presentation on how I use computers in my daily life.
>
>On Mon, Jun 18, 2007 at 02:33:03PM GMT, David Ernst [david.ernst@davidernst.net] said the following:
>> Mark, if you think there's something interesting about your desktop, I
>> strongly suspect I would be interested in seeing it. :) "Tips and
>> Tricks" are one of the most valuable things about this kind of
>> meeting, imho...
>>
>> David
>>
>>
>> On Wed, Jun 13, 2007 at 01:40:53AM +0000, Mark Krenz wrote:
>> >
>> > That's too bad. There always seemed to be a different crowd during
>> >the summer months than the rest of the year. Makes sense. Maybe those
>> >people didn't get the word this year about the group.
>> >
>> > Actually, I was thinking lately that I'd like to do a presentation,
>> >maybe next month, on my own personal desktop. It may sound boring but I
>> >wanted to share with everyone how I use my computer. Not that I'm
>> >specifically interesting, but it would be a good presentation for
>> >picking up lots of tips and tricks. I was thinking that I could get my
>> >hands on two LCD projectors and show how I utilize two screens. I think
>> >I could do it in July or August.
>> >
>> > Does this interest anyone?
>> >
>> >
>> >On Tue, Jun 12, 2007 at 11:22:12PM GMT, Black, Steven Wayne [blacks@indiana.edu] said the following:
>> >> I left the meeting room (1C) after 15 minutes of waiting for the first
>> >> person to show up.
>> >>
>> >> It is the second Tuesday. It was 7pm. It was the room next door to the
>> >> room we usually use.
>> >>
>> >> What happened?
>> >>
>> >> -- Steven
>> >>
>> >>
>> >> _______________________________________________
>> >> BLUG mailing list
>> >> BLUG@linuxfan.com
>> >> http://mailman.cs.indiana.edu/mailman/listinfo/blug
>> >>
>> >
>>
>

--
_______________________________________________
BLUG mailing list
BLUG@linuxfan.com
http://mailman.cs.indiana.edu/mailman/listinfo/blug

No comments: