Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Re: [BLUG] Presentation idea [Was: Where is everybody?]

On Mon, 2007-06-18 at 13:05 -0400, Matt Standish wrote:
> Is it a VT105 terminal hooked to a slack box? Running lynx and pine?
> Or maybe even links -g?
>
> I kid!

For light-weight hardware links2 -g is *great*.

I have some older hardware that due to age, tends to run a little more
smoothly outside of X. (At least, outside of GNOME and KDE.) I really
quite being able to use a graphical webclient on the framebuffer.

Then again... it was less than a year ago that I finally got rid of my
old Beehive dumb-terminal... and I'm probably one of the few folks whose
main requirement for a new cellphone is a good SSH implementation...

With regards to the whole presentation about the desktop thing, I'm
game. I'll get a novelty out of just going to my first BLUG meeting with
a presentation. ;)

Cheers,
Steven Black


_______________________________________________
BLUG mailing list
BLUG@linuxfan.com
http://mailman.cs.indiana.edu/mailman/listinfo/blug

No comments: