Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Re: [BLUG] Presentation idea [Was: Where is everybody?]

Well, consider it confirmed then. July 10th?

On Tue, Jun 19, 2007 at 02:21:27PM GMT, Scott Blaydes [sblaydes@sbce.org] said the following:
> Actually I like the idea of Mark's presentation, I just haven't
> confirmed with him yet.
>
> Thank you,
> Scott Blaydes
>
>
>
> David Ernst wrote:
> >No one else is chiming in, so I don't know if that's a sign or not,
> >but I stand by my previous confidence that I'd get a lot out of this
> >presentation. Of course, if the past is any indication, something
> >will probably come up the day of the meeting that will keep me from
> >seeing it anyway. :-\
> >
> >David
> >
> >
> >On Mon, Jun 18, 2007 at 03:44:05PM +0000, Mark Krenz wrote:
> >> Well it would be more than just "Here is my desktop in all its glory,
> >>bow before it" kinda thing. It would be more of showing you how I use
> >>computers to get things done. What programs I use that make processing
> >>easier, what mail program I use and why, etc. Perhaps calling it a
> >>presentation on my desktop is inaccurate, it should have been called a
> >>presentation on how I use computers in my daily life.
> >>
> >>On Mon, Jun 18, 2007 at 02:33:03PM GMT, David Ernst
> >>[david.ernst@davidernst.net] said the following:
> >>>Mark, if you think there's something interesting about your desktop, I
> >>>strongly suspect I would be interested in seeing it. :) "Tips and
> >>>Tricks" are one of the most valuable things about this kind of
> >>>meeting, imho...
> >>>
> >>>David
> >>>
> >>>
> >>>On Wed, Jun 13, 2007 at 01:40:53AM +0000, Mark Krenz wrote:
> >>>> That's too bad. There always seemed to be a different crowd during
> >>>>the summer months than the rest of the year. Makes sense. Maybe those
> >>>>people didn't get the word this year about the group.
> >>>>
> >>>> Actually, I was thinking lately that I'd like to do a presentation,
> >>>>maybe next month, on my own personal desktop. It may sound boring but I
> >>>>wanted to share with everyone how I use my computer. Not that I'm
> >>>>specifically interesting, but it would be a good presentation for
> >>>>picking up lots of tips and tricks. I was thinking that I could get my
> >>>>hands on two LCD projectors and show how I utilize two screens. I think
> >>>>I could do it in July or August.
> >>>>
> >>>>Does this interest anyone?
> >>>>
> >>>>
> >>>>On Tue, Jun 12, 2007 at 11:22:12PM GMT, Black, Steven Wayne
> >>>>[blacks@indiana.edu] said the following:
> >>>>>I left the meeting room (1C) after 15 minutes of waiting for the first
> >>>>>person to show up.
> >>>>>
> >>>>>It is the second Tuesday. It was 7pm. It was the room next door to the
> >>>>>room we usually use.
> >>>>>
> >>>>>What happened?
> >>>>>
> >>>>>-- Steven
> >>>>>
> >>>>>
> >>>>>_______________________________________________
> >>>>>BLUG mailing list
> >>>>>BLUG@linuxfan.com
> >>>>>http://mailman.cs.indiana.edu/mailman/listinfo/blug
> >>>>>
> >
>
> _______________________________________________
> BLUG mailing list
> BLUG@linuxfan.com
> http://mailman.cs.indiana.edu/mailman/listinfo/blug
>

--
Mark Krenz
Bloomington Linux Users Group
http://www.bloomingtonlinux.org/
_______________________________________________
BLUG mailing list
BLUG@linuxfan.com
http://mailman.cs.indiana.edu/mailman/listinfo/blug

No comments: