Saturday, August 11, 2007

Re: [BLUG] Trying something new

Mark Krenz wrote:
> The thing is, the drive that failed on me was a Western Digital 4000YS
> Raid Edition, it was meant for high duty cycles. Of course, I bought 3
> of them so for only one of three to fail in the last 6 months isn't
> unheard of, but its still not cool when it happens so soon.
>

Three months is a high duty cycle for Western Digital. </me ducks>. Not
being dead out of the box is a new feature for them. I know, I know,
there is always someone who has had what ever brand fail while the next
geek swears by that brand. Course I was luck enough to have my IBM 60g
Deathstar..err Deskstar drive not fail me before 3 years of service.
For server stuff I still swear by SCSI...but I am open-minded about SATA.

Scott Blaydes

_______________________________________________
BLUG mailing list
BLUG@linuxfan.com
http://mailman.cs.indiana.edu/mailman/listinfo/blug

No comments: