Friday, September 7, 2007

[BLUG] RE: Evolution

Steven Black wrote:
> Uh... I manage better with the Outlook meeting integration I
> hacked together myself (in to mutt) than I was managing with
> Evolution.
>
> Evolution had a problem properly supporting DST, so all of my
> meetings would show up an hour off.

Is Evolution slower than hell for anyone else (w/ the Exchange
connector), or is it just me? Every few months I decide to set it up
again, only to find that it's still slower than molasses.

I've monitored the server when I'm doing it and the server isn't under a
high load. The disks are plenty fast enough. My desktop is connected
to the LAN at 1 Gb/s and so is the server, so it's not the network...

Unless it's because it's basically using HTTP(S) for everything, I have
no idea why it's so slooooooooooooow...


--
Jeremy L. Gaddis
Network Administrator
Ivy Tech Community College of Indiana
812.330.6156 (w) 812.330.6212 (f)

_______________________________________________
BLUG mailing list
BLUG@linuxfan.com
http://mailman.cs.indiana.edu/mailman/listinfo/blug

No comments: