Sunday, April 27, 2008

Re: [BLUG] thoroughly unimpressed with Hardy

On Mon, Apr 28, 2008 at 02:18:00AM GMT, Joe Auty [joe@netmusician.org] said the following:
>
> 3) Synergy now needs to be run as root

That's very strange and not good.

> I'm thinking about downgrading back to Gutsy, but I'm kind of afraid
> to do that... I may have to wipe/reinstall. I guess next time I
> shouldn't count on these upgrades going as smoothly as my upgrade from
> Fiesty to Gutsy did.

I rarely do an "upgrade". I usually wipe and reinstall. Its a good
oppurtunity for me to clean things up like my home directory, discover
new software, drop unused software and avoid these wierd problems that
happen when you upgrade your operating system. It really is not a Linux
thing, its an OS thing. Windows, Linux, Mac.. same difference. Don't
upgrade. Reinstall. Except with Windows you also reinstall it to fix
most problems.


--
Mark Krenz
Bloomington Linux Users Group
http://www.bloomingtonlinux.org/
_______________________________________________
BLUG mailing list
BLUG@linuxfan.com
http://mailman.cs.indiana.edu/mailman/listinfo/blug

No comments: