Thursday, July 17, 2008

Re: [BLUG] Meeting presentation idea: OpenPGP/Gnu Privacy Guard

Yeah, everyday encryption is in my category of "If I had a full
understanding of it, I bet I'd do it all the time." Instead I dig it
out and read the manuals when I really need it, which isn't very
often, so I'm very unsure. A presentation would be great.

David


On Thu, Jul 17, 2008 at 10:26:42PM -0400, Dave Cooley wrote:
>Count me interested! I'm sure I'd learn plenty. Holler when you want to
>give it, and I'll schedule you.
>
>Right now, I'm mulling the idea of giving a presentation on Zimbra
>(open-source mail server, postfix backend) myself.
>
>Dave Cooley
>dcooley@kiva.net
>
>
>
>Barry Schatz wrote:
>>I'm sure this one has been considered several times, but I didn't see
>>it in the previous meeting topics.
>>
>>I'm something of a privacy nut, and I think everyone with email should
>>use GPG or equivalent. If it sounds like something the group would
>>like, I'm willing to prepare a presentation on GPG. This would include
>>a primer in RSA and asymmetric encryption, authentication vs
>>encryption, web of trust/key signing, and some demonstrations of GPG
>>in action.
>>
>>Anyone else interested?
>>
>>-Barry
>>_______________________________________________
>>BLUG mailing list
>>BLUG@linuxfan.com
>>http://mailman.cs.indiana.edu/mailman/listinfo/blug
>_______________________________________________
>BLUG mailing list
>BLUG@linuxfan.com
>http://mailman.cs.indiana.edu/mailman/listinfo/blug
_______________________________________________
BLUG mailing list
BLUG@linuxfan.com
http://mailman.cs.indiana.edu/mailman/listinfo/blug

No comments: