Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Re: [BLUG] Amarok

Steve,

This is a symptom that the X server has crashed. There might be some
clues in some logs you can dig out. On Red Hat and Fedora, you can take
a look at the /var/log/Xorg.o.log.old (not /var/log/Xorg.0.log as that's
the log for the current X session not the previous one, the one that
crashed.) Sometimes you can get some clue from ~/.xsession-errors if
you can find one (in the use's home directory who was logging on the
console when X server crashed. If none of these helped, you can try to
run amarok using 'strace -fvo /tmp/amarok.log amarok ...' to see if you
can find some clue from strace's output.

Good luck!

Shing-Shong

Steve Beckley wrote:
> I'm running Linux Mint at the moment and loving it. The one problem
> that I can't fix is that when I try to start Amarok, it logs me out.
> I get the initial Amarok load screen and then I get a black screen,
> then a black screen with lines of code, then the GNOME login screen.
> Synaptic says my installed version is 2:1.4.9.1-0ubuntu3+medibuntu1.
> I can't really seem to find any information about it on either Ubuntu
> or Linux Mint forums. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> -Steve B.
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> _______________________________________________
> BLUG mailing list
> BLUG@linuxfan.com
> http://mailman.cs.indiana.edu/mailman/listinfo/blug
>
_______________________________________________
BLUG mailing list
BLUG@linuxfan.com
http://mailman.cs.indiana.edu/mailman/listinfo/blug

No comments: