Friday, September 12, 2008

Re: [BLUG] DVD

Nevermind.  I just restarted my computer and the sound magically worked.

On Fri, Sep 12, 2008 at 9:46 PM, Steve Beckley <harthacnut@gmail.com> wrote:
gxine freezes when you click play, and mplayer doesn't work.


On Fri, Sep 12, 2008 at 9:45 PM, Steve Beckley <harthacnut@gmail.com> wrote:
I had no luck with any of those.


On Fri, Sep 12, 2008 at 9:44 PM, Shing-Shong Shei <shei@cs.indiana.edu> wrote:
We have pretty good success using mplayer/gmplayer or xine/gxine.  Both
are pretty good.  --Bruce

> I recently bought a Dell with Ubuntu on it, and I tried to watch a
> DVD, only to find that no matter what player or DVD I tried, I
> couldn't get any sound.  The sound from other sources (internet, mp3s,
> etc.) worked.  The default DVD program is LinDVD.
>

_______________________________________________
BLUG mailing list
BLUG@linuxfan.com
http://mailman.cs.indiana.edu/mailman/listinfo/blug



No comments: