Friday, September 12, 2008

Re: [BLUG] Multiple Users

On Fri, 2008-09-12 at 18:17 +0000, Mark Krenz wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 12, 2008 at 05:55:19PM GMT, Brian Wheeler [bdwheele@indiana.edu] said the following:
> >
> > I did a fast user switch from gnome and while my audio did stop, all of
> > the other processes running doing network things continued as normal.
> >
>
> What program was the audio coming from?
>
> Sound and desktops are kinda special. I was able to play sound from
> the console and have it overlap with sound from X windows, but when I
> tried to start a second gnome session it halted the sound from the
> first one.
>

I'm on Fedora 9, running Amarok through PulseAudio. Amarok kept
running, but it muted its audio stream while I'm using the other user's
desktop. Which is kind of what you want anyway...

Brian

_______________________________________________
BLUG mailing list
BLUG@linuxfan.com
http://mailman.cs.indiana.edu/mailman/listinfo/blug

No comments: