Thursday, February 19, 2009

Re: [BLUG] A Little Help?

Thanks Michael - I'll try it and keep you posted.  I think I tried this, but perhaps left something out.
Thanks again - real cool of you to follow up!
Matt

On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 9:44 AM, Michael Schultheiss <schultmc@cinlug.org> wrote:
matthewzin@gmail.com wrote:
> Hey All:
> I've done a thing or two from various forums to address this issue to no
> avail (I'm kind of a dolt sometimes) - I'm not even sure what this
> means.  This is what I get whenever I try to install a program, or
> update what I already have:
> */E: dpkg was interrupted, you must manually run 'dpkg --configure -a'
> to correct the problem.
> E: _cache->open() failed, please report.
> /*Any hints?


Something interrupted a package installation in the past and you need to
run 'dpkg --configure -a' to fix the issue.

Open a terminal (Applications->Accessories->Terminal if you're running
Ubuntu) and type:

sudo dpkg --configure -a

and the interrupted package installation should complete.
_______________________________________________
BLUG mailing list
BLUG@linuxfan.com
http://mailman.cs.indiana.edu/mailman/listinfo/blug

No comments: