Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Re: [BLUG] Linux LanParty/Linux Fest

Frozen Bubble, Nethack, Wesnoth, anything in the bsdgames package. There
are also games included with the KDE and GNOME environments.

-Barry

Steven Black wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 04, 2009 at 01:26:36PM -0500, Barry Schatz wrote:
>
>> I'm in. The 18th (or earlier) would work best for me. I have both a
>> laptop and a desktop I could bring,
>>
>> What games do you have in mind? I can suggest a few:
>>
>> Nexuiz (think Unreal Tournament, but faster)
>> Cube
>> Frozen Bubble (network play)
>> BZFlag
>> Various games that work under WINE (Unreal, StarCraft...)
>>
>> Any others?
>>
>
> I need to talk to my wife to see if this'll be workable for me.
> April singles the end of RSV season, and we're planning a party
> with our baby.
>
> I recommend that for a Linux-related LAN party we focus on open source
> games. Since I only play open source games at this point (when I have
> the time to play games) I wouldn't have the license to play something
> that uses WINE. I'm sure I'm not the only one in that boat.
>
> I'm one of those people that (1) never bothered to learn how to use WINE
> as I don't use any Windows apps, and (2) don't bother with GL-supported
> video cards as I don't play OpenGL-based games.
>
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> _______________________________________________
> BLUG mailing list
> BLUG@linuxfan.com
> http://mailman.cs.indiana.edu/mailman/listinfo/blug
>

_______________________________________________
BLUG mailing list
BLUG@linuxfan.com
http://mailman.cs.indiana.edu/mailman/listinfo/blug

No comments: