Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Re: [BLUG] Linux LanParty/Linux Fest

I'm in. The 18th (or earlier) would work best for me. I have both a
laptop and a desktop I could bring,

What games do you have in mind? I can suggest a few:

Nexuiz (think Unreal Tournament, but faster)
Cube
Frozen Bubble (network play)
BZFlag
Various games that work under WINE (Unreal, StarCraft...)

Any others?

-Barry

Mark Krenz wrote:
> Well, with IU's LinuxFest now in the past and the oppurtunity for
> others to pick up the slack, I thought it would be a good time to try
> something new. Suso would like to host a Linux LAN Party some Saturday
> in April that would go from like noon til 2am or something. Activities
> could include games, sharing information, tutorials, hanging out, etc.
> I also wanted to make this a Blender Users Group thing too.
>
> What I wanted to ask everyone is how much interest would there be in
> this? Would you bring a computer to the event? Marina and I agreed
> that Suso would be able to sponsor space and buy refreshments. Our new
> office suite is big enough to maybe have space for 10-12 people to sit
> comfortably with their computers in the front area with some room for
> people to wark around. We also have the ability to reserve things like
> the Fountain Square ballroom, but Saturdays are not as easy to get. But
> other space in FSM is available too.
>
> Also, what Saturday would work, I think April 11th or 18th would be
> good. The 18th seems to be most ideal because there aren't any
> significant events I could find for that weekend. The 25th-26th is the
> IU LAN war 16 and Little 5 so it would be nice to have it before or
> after that so it wouldn't interfere.
>
> Mark
>
>

_______________________________________________
BLUG mailing list
BLUG@linuxfan.com
http://mailman.cs.indiana.edu/mailman/listinfo/blug

No comments: