Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Re: [BLUG] Skype

On Wed, Jun 17, 2009 at 11:58:09AM GMT, Ronald Odle [ronodle@kiva.net] said the following:
>
> As I usually fire up XP about once a year to run TurboTax, I'll pick up
> a headset and give Skype on Linux a try first. I'll also be having a
> look at Ekiga as well.

Just for fun I checked out if TurboTax runs in Wine, I guess not as it
has a garbage rating because the installer crashes. Apparently the
software has some DRM in it that puts some signature on the hard drive's
starting sectors. BAD! BAD! BAD!

What I don't get is, if everyone needs to do their taxes, and there
are 30 million Linux users (maybe 1 million+ U.S. desktop users),
wouldn't that be a significant enough market to make a Linux version?

I guess TaxAct is an alternative that works in wine to some degree.

--
Mark Krenz
Bloomington Linux Users Group
http://www.bloomingtonlinux.org/
_______________________________________________
BLUG mailing list
BLUG@linuxfan.com
http://mailman.cs.indiana.edu/mailman/listinfo/blug

No comments: