Monday, July 6, 2009

Re: [BLUG] new to the mailing list

On Mon, 06 Jul 2009 12:37:40 -0400, Steven Black <blacks@indiana.edu>
wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 03, 2009 at 01:43:18PM -0400, Aaron W. Hsu wrote:
>> Well, I've been playing with a new text editor that isn't usually seen
>> in
>> the normal Linux circles called Acme (from Plan 9), and if someone
>> hasn't
>> already presented on it, I'd be glad to give a presentation of it, if
>> someone wants a reason to host a meeting. :-)
>
> This isn't wily, it is actually acme? Are you using the stand-alone
> complex (SAC)? How's the mouse chording working for you?

I tried using Acme SAC, and I had one strange crash situation that I
didn't like, so I grabbed plan9port, and started using it. I like it
better for integration.

Mouse chording is working very well. Actually, the whole system is rather
nice. I haven't actually timed myself to see whether it is faster, but I
don't think I am particularly less productive with it, that's for sure. It
really takes reuse and dynamic interface to a new level.

Aaron W. Hsu
--
Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its
victims may be the most oppressive. -- C. S. Lewis
_______________________________________________
BLUG mailing list
BLUG@linuxfan.com
http://mailman.cs.indiana.edu/mailman/listinfo/blug

No comments: