Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Re: [BLUG] New Years Countdown timer

I ran the script and found (1) I didn't have figlet installed, and (2) it
suggested I install either figlet or toilet. I installed them both, but
I think I like toilet's default letters better.

In fact, here's my extended edition of the command (wrapped to be easy
to read, but with line-continuation so you can copy/paste):

while V=$((`date +%s -d"2010-01-01"`-`date +%s`)); do \
if [ $V == 0 ]; then \
toilet -f smmono12 --gay 'Happy New Year!'; \
break; \
else \
clear; \
toilet -f bigmono12 --gay $V; \
sleep 1; \
fi; \
done

I think the --gay toilet is just thing the any New Year's bash.

Cheers,
Steven Black

On Wed, Dec 30, 2009 at 06:43:48PM +0000, Mark Krenz wrote:
>
>
> This is what I just posted to the climagic account on twitter and
> identi.ca:
>
> while V=$((`date +%s -d"2010-01-01"`-`date +%s`));do if [ $V == 0 ];then figlet 'Happy New Year!';break;else figlet $V;sleep 1;clear;fi;done
>
> Of course I was limited to 140 characters. Anyways, I thought some
> people here might appreciate this little snippet.

_______________________________________________
BLUG mailing list
BLUG@linuxfan.com
http://mailman.cs.indiana.edu/mailman/listinfo/blug

No comments: