Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Re: [BLUG] What size terminal do you use?

On Wed, 30 Dec 2009 09:52:52 -0500, Mark Krenz <mark@slugbug.org> wrote:

> Quick poll. If you use some specific size for your terminal (xterm,
> aterm, gnome-terminal, konsole, etc.), what size do you use and why?
> Also, curious about what terminal you use specifically these days.

I tend to use the most native terminal for the Environment in which I am
working. If that is something like XFCE, then I use the XFCE Terminal, if
KDE, then I use Konsole, if something like MaXX or Mwm, then I use the
xterm(1). The only one on which I really both to adjust the fonts is the
xterm, where they are almost always a little too small. I usually use
something around a 10 point font. I like to keep my terminal width
constant to about 80 columns, but I will scale the height up and down
depending on the task at hand. As I almost never edit directly in the
terminal, I don't care so much about that.

The reason I don't usually adjust the fonts explicitly is because I set
default fonts in my environment that suits. Usually this is something like
the Luxi family of fonts at 10 points. I don't know what DPI my monitor is
at though, but I am running 1680x1050.

Aaron W. Hsu

--
A professor is one who talks in someone else's sleep.
_______________________________________________
BLUG mailing list
BLUG@linuxfan.com
http://mailman.cs.indiana.edu/mailman/listinfo/blug

No comments: