Friday, December 18, 2009

Re: [BLUG] power off CD?

On Fri, Dec 18, 2009 at 10:58:39AM -0500, Kirk Gleason wrote:
>Out of curiosity, was the CD finalized? or is it still open for
>writing files in Vista?

I'm not sure, but I'm guessing that it wasn't finalized. She said
that she did it a different way than usual, and it didn't "burn" the
way it usually does. That made me nervous, but there is, indeed, data
on it.

>What happens if you insert it into a Windows
>machine that is not the one on which the CD was created?

Everything works fine.

On Fri, Dec 18, 2009 at 11:06:49AM -0500, Simón Ruiz wrote:
|Have you tried this CD on a different Linux machine, by any chance, to
|see if that behavior is consistent even when not on that one
|particular machine?

Nope. Sadly, there's only one easily accessible linux machine
around. I guess my retired laptop is still over there, I could try
that...

David
_______________________________________________
BLUG mailing list
BLUG@linuxfan.com
http://mailman.cs.indiana.edu/mailman/listinfo/blug

No comments: