Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Re: [BLUG] help desperately needed for wireless on Debian

Hi,
This is an update. Thanks for your help and input.
First, I mistyped when I said that the b43 and b43legacy folders were
in /etc/firmware/. They were really in /lib/firmware/--but none of
the files had names resembling bcm43xx*.
Tonight I took off ndiswrapper and reinstalled b43-fwcutter.
Now, when I do "b43-fwcutter -i" (asking for information, not
extracting the driver) on every file from the CD that looks like it
might contain a driver, I get this:
Sorry, the input file is either wrong or not supported by b43-fwcutter.
This file has an unknown MD5sum ad6d6894b48c702efcd8d85535e82777.

I think this may have been why I moved over to ndiswrapper, but that
was a couple days ago and I can't remember (moving in circles again).

Loren

On Thu, Apr 15, 2010 at 2:58 AM, Steven Black <yam655@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 10:53 PM, Steven Black <yam655@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 10:39 PM, Mark Warner <mhwarner@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Your experience is different than mine.
>>
>> Maybe I have it backwards.
>
> Yeah, I just checked my backups from the laptop. As of Ubuntu 9.10 it
> was using a wireless device of eth1.
>
> Cheers,
> Steven Black
> _______________________________________________
> BLUG mailing list
> BLUG@linuxfan.com
> http://mailman.cs.indiana.edu/mailman/listinfo/blug
>
_______________________________________________
BLUG mailing list
BLUG@linuxfan.com
http://mailman.cs.indiana.edu/mailman/listinfo/blug

No comments: