Thursday, January 20, 2011

Re: [BLUG] Bloomington isps

David Ernst wrote:
> I don't suspect that this will be a very popular opinion, but my
> connection with ComCast has been quite great. Three years, minimal
> need to restart CPE, never had to call tech support, downloads are
> impressively fast.

Confirmed. They're no bargain, and I hate all the nonsense I've had to
go through with my TV service and the transition to digital (I just want
basic freaking cable, fer cryin' out loud), but as far as providing a
fast, trouble free connection is concerned, they've been great.

It may not be of interest to anybody, but my IP hasn't changed in over
two years. Makes it easy to be able to serve up files directly with the
load of apache I have running on my Lenny based desktop.

--
Mark Warner
_______________________________________________
BLUG mailing list
BLUG@linuxfan.com
http://mailman.cs.indiana.edu/mailman/listinfo/blug

No comments: