Thursday, January 20, 2011

Re: [BLUG] Bloomington isps

I'll have to agree here as well. I rarely have connection issues and
is consistently a quick connection. I have also been lucky in keeping
my monthly cost low by being put on several different promotional
pricing options. It doesn't always happen, sometimes I am not lucky
and the price shoots up, but, for example, the last time it went up I
called and complained and am currently on a 6 month promotional deal
of $19.99/month for their higher speed service.

I'm curious, though, does anyone outside of town have fiber with
Smithville? A friend at school said he and his wife life outside town
and they have fiber internet and TV with Smithville.

Ben

On Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 10:51 AM, Mark Warner <mhwarner@gmail.com> wrote:
> David Ernst wrote:
>> I don't suspect that this will be a very popular opinion, but my
>> connection with ComCast has been quite great.  Three years, minimal
>> need to restart CPE, never had to call tech support, downloads are
>> impressively fast.
>
> Confirmed. They're no bargain, and I hate all the nonsense I've had to
> go through with my TV service and the transition to digital (I just want
> basic freaking cable, fer cryin' out loud), but as far as providing a
> fast, trouble free connection is concerned, they've been great.
>
> It may not be of interest to anybody, but my IP hasn't changed in over
> two years. Makes it easy to be able to serve up files directly with the
> load of apache I have running on my Lenny based desktop.
>
> --
> Mark Warner
> _______________________________________________
> BLUG mailing list
> BLUG@linuxfan.com
> http://mailman.cs.indiana.edu/mailman/listinfo/blug
>

_______________________________________________
BLUG mailing list
BLUG@linuxfan.com
http://mailman.cs.indiana.edu/mailman/listinfo/blug

No comments: