Thursday, January 20, 2011

Re: [BLUG] Bloomington isps

I have only ever used AT&T DSL, been using it since about 2002 I
believe. At that time they confirmed that they did not care what
services I was running on my end which was my big concern at the time.
Back then Comcast had a reputation for blocking inbound traffic that
did not originate from your box, I have no idea if this is still the
case or if their policy is still anti-server. I'm sure as long as you
are not running a high traffic web site they probably don't care these
days.

That's my 2 cents.
-Nathan

On Jan 19, 2011, at 3:53 PM, Lord Drachenblut wrote:

> I'm moving back to bloomington and looking for recommendations for
> an isp
>
> _______________________________________________
> BLUG mailing list
> BLUG@linuxfan.com
> http://mailman.cs.indiana.edu/mailman/listinfo/blug

_______________________________________________
BLUG mailing list
BLUG@linuxfan.com
http://mailman.cs.indiana.edu/mailman/listinfo/blug

No comments: