Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Re: [BLUG] screen



On 8/21/07, Weldon Sams <wsams@indiana.edu> wrote:
I know all that, I thought I confused someone with my writing. I'm a math major. I'm hip on bsd.

I was just pointing out a dunce moment I had.

On 8/21/07, Mark Krenz <mark@slugbug.org> wrote:
On Tue, Aug 21, 2007 at 11:33:40PM GMT, Weldon Sams [ wsams@indiana.edu] said the following:
>
> ls -dH gives me ./ on Gentoo, but lists on Mac. I want to say that I didn't
> use -d on solaris and it still listed directories/symlinks as just the
> directory and not the contents.

  Hate to be an ass, but welcome to *nixland.  Options for many commands
are different on different unices.  Its partially a System V vs. BSD
thing, part just differences in general.  At least Linux is mostly
consistent among the distributions.

  Something I've noticed recently though is that the losetup command
for setting up loopback devices is very different between distributions.
On the systems I've tested, Fedora, RHEL, Ubuntu and Gentoo, each
distribution has slight differences, and the versions are different.
Its almost as if each distrubtion wrote its own version of losetup.


What is losetup?
 

--
Mark Krenz
Bloomington Linux Users Group
http://www.bloomingtonlinux.org/
_______________________________________________
BLUG mailing list
BLUG@linuxfan.com
http://mailman.cs.indiana.edu/mailman/listinfo/blug



--

Weldon Sams
wsams@indiana.edu



--
Weldon Sams
wsams@indiana.edu

No comments: