Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Re: [BLUG] Android - competition for iPhone?

On Wednesday 14 November 2007 5:38:20 pm Simón Ruiz wrote:
> Correct. I can just cp/mv my oggs and mp3s (not every podcast provides
> an ogg, yet ;-) ) over to the iPod which mount just like any USB
> drive.
>
> I use bashpodder for my podcatcher, which saves podcasts in neat
> little folders by date.
>
> I just mv all the folders onto my iPod, open up the first folder and
> hit play on the first podcast. Rockbox will just read through all the
> audio files in alphabetical order, and then move on the next
> (alphabetically) folder, so I listen to all my podcasts in rough
> chronological order (+ or - 24 hours).
>
> When I turn off the iPod, it saves a bookmark of where I was, and then
> when I turn it on I just hit the "Play" button and it resumes.
>
> Awesome for podcasts and for audiobooks. I don't listen to much music,
> so I haven't played too much with using the database stuff or
> randomizing anything, but my guess is it's all there somewhere.
>
> And, I can play Frozen Bubble on the iPod while listening to my
> podcasts if I get bored! ;-) Or chess, or Doom, or do Sudoku
> puzzles... Though playing games really kills the battery, I'm guessing
> mostly because of the backlight being on; I don't usually play games,
> anyhow, as I generally only use the iPod while driving or walking the
> dog.
>
> ...The only odd thing is that it takes a little while to play oggs (my
> guess is that has something to do with the iPod having a hardware
> based mp3 decoder, whereas the ogg decoding needs to be done with
> software...).
>
> Simón
>
> On 11/13/07, Sams, Weldon <wsams@indiana.edu> wrote:
> > Simón, I have question about Rockbox. Does that allow you to add music
> > flash style to an iPod. I've resorted to using my BlackBerry. :)
> > Although, I kind of like it better for music -- I just wish the battery
> > lasted longer.
> >
> > Weldon
>
> _______________________________________________
> BLUG mailing list
> BLUG@linuxfan.com
> http://mailman.cs.indiana.edu/mailman/listinfo/blug

Has anyone had any luck getting ipodlinux installed on the 5.5gen 30gig ipods?

_______________________________________________
BLUG mailing list
BLUG@linuxfan.com
http://mailman.cs.indiana.edu/mailman/listinfo/blug

No comments: