Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Re: [BLUG] OLPC - anyone from Bloomington participating?

On Monday 12 November 2007 10:46:59 pm ¥ dosman ¥ wrote:
> That is great to hear, I'm interested in seeing what the finished product
> looks like. And I like the XOnar name too.
>
> -Nathan
>
> > From: simon.a.ruiz@gmail.com
> > To: blug@cs.indiana.edu
> > Subject: Re: [BLUG] OLPC - anyone from Bloomington participating?
> > Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 18:05:39 -0500
> >
> > Nathan,
> >
> > I'm FROM Bloomington, even though I currently live in Fort Wayne, does
> > that count? ;-)
> >
> > I co-teach a Python class with my boss, and we thought: Wouldn't it be
> > cool to have the kids develop software for the OLPC (since anything
> > that can (reasonably) be in Python on it, is)? Well, since we also
> > happen to be the people who make decisions on how Technology money
> > gets spent, I B2G2'd this morning so we have a couple of development
> > machines on hand.
> >
> > The kids seem pretty pumped about it, and they're working on a
> > Battleship play-alike game for it which they call XOnar (working name,
> > but pretty clever if you ask me).
> >
> > Hope they ship out soon!
> >
> > Simón
> >
> > On Nov 12, 2007 5:53 PM, ¥ dosman ¥ <dosman33@hotmail.com> wrote:
> > > Hello BLUG members,
> > >
> > > I am strongly considering the "Give One Get One" program where you
> > > purchase two XO's; one is given to a child in a developing nation and
> > > the other you get to keep. Since it is based on Fedora 7 I figured I
> > > could get away with bringing this up here, is anyone else looking at
> > > this? It would be nice to have a local group of folks with them so the
> > > wi-mesh and group applications could be tested. Also I am interested in
> > > seeing what I can contribute to the platform if anything.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > -Nathan
> > >
> > > http://www.laptopgiving.org
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > ________________________________
> > > Climb to the top of the charts! Play Star Shuffle: the word scramble
> > > challenge with star power. Play Now!
> >
> > _______________________________________________
> > BLUG mailing list
> > BLUG@linuxfan.com
> > http://mailman.cs.indiana.edu/mailman/listinfo/blug
>
> _________________________________________________________________
> Peek-a-boo FREE Tricks & Treats for You!
> http://www.reallivemoms.com?ocid=TXT_TAGHM&loc=us

I just wanted to drop a line and let everyone know I was at the Fashion Mall
recently up near 82nd and keystone in indianapolis. The interesting thing I
saw was ad's in the mall for the buy one give one deal on the olpc machines.
That's all for now

Cheers

_______________________________________________
BLUG mailing list
BLUG@linuxfan.com
http://mailman.cs.indiana.edu/mailman/listinfo/blug

No comments: