Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Re: [BLUG] Android - competition for iPhone?

Not sure about that myself.

"You hack us, we hack you"?

I can't think of any way that Apple is better than Microsoft, other
than the fact that they make better performing, better designed
products. Since this includes their DRM (however much Jobs claims to
abhor it, right?), it ends up no longer being a positive IMO.

The only positive I can think of is that when their products finally
get hacked so we DO have some freedom to use them as we wish (which
pretty much means it's several generations old), we'll have that nicer
hardware to work with.

I, myself, have an iPod Nano (first generation) running Rockbox. I
wouldn't get a newest generation iPod (were money not an issue
anyways), simply because I'd be stuck with Apple's interface, and
locked into their way of doing things, or I'd have to wait until
someone hacked it so it'd would finally work with me.

Just a thought.

Simón

On 11/13/07, Joe Auty <joe@netmusician.org> wrote:
> This isn't to say that I *want* Apple to dominate this industry, but
> then again... better Apple than Microsoft :)

_______________________________________________
BLUG mailing list
BLUG@linuxfan.com
http://mailman.cs.indiana.edu/mailman/listinfo/blug

No comments: