Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Re: [BLUG] OLPC - anyone from Bloomington participating?

On 12/11/2007, ¥ dosman ¥ <dosman33@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello BLUG members,
>
> I am strongly considering the "Give One Get One" program where you purchase
> two XO's; one is given to a child in a developing nation and the other you
> get to keep. Since it is based on Fedora 7 I figured I could get away with
> bringing this up here, is anyone else looking at this? It would be nice to
> have a local group of folks with them so the wi-mesh and group applications
> could be tested. Also I am interested in seeing what I can contribute to the
> platform if anything.
>
I ordered one earlier today -- I'm unconvinced of the OLPC as a tool
to teach programming to kids, but as a collaborative tool it has
promise. And, personally, as an uber-cool legacy-free Linux laptop!

The bundled T-mobile hotspot plan is a nice bonus too.

--
Michel

_______________________________________________
BLUG mailing list
BLUG@linuxfan.com
http://mailman.cs.indiana.edu/mailman/listinfo/blug

No comments: