Monday, November 12, 2007

Re: [BLUG] OLPC - anyone from Bloomington participating?

Nathan,

I'm FROM Bloomington, even though I currently live in Fort Wayne, does
that count? ;-)

I co-teach a Python class with my boss, and we thought: Wouldn't it be
cool to have the kids develop software for the OLPC (since anything
that can (reasonably) be in Python on it, is)? Well, since we also
happen to be the people who make decisions on how Technology money
gets spent, I B2G2'd this morning so we have a couple of development
machines on hand.

The kids seem pretty pumped about it, and they're working on a
Battleship play-alike game for it which they call XOnar (working name,
but pretty clever if you ask me).

Hope they ship out soon!

Simón

On Nov 12, 2007 5:53 PM, ¥ dosman ¥ <dosman33@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello BLUG members,
>
> I am strongly considering the "Give One Get One" program where you purchase
> two XO's; one is given to a child in a developing nation and the other you
> get to keep. Since it is based on Fedora 7 I figured I could get away with
> bringing this up here, is anyone else looking at this? It would be nice to
> have a local group of folks with them so the wi-mesh and group applications
> could be tested. Also I am interested in seeing what I can contribute to the
> platform if anything.
>
> Thanks,
> -Nathan
>
> http://www.laptopgiving.org
>
>
>
> ________________________________
> Climb to the top of the charts! Play Star Shuffle: the word scramble
> challenge with star power. Play Now!

_______________________________________________
BLUG mailing list
BLUG@linuxfan.com
http://mailman.cs.indiana.edu/mailman/listinfo/blug

No comments: