Monday, November 12, 2007

Re: [BLUG] OLPC - anyone from Bloomington participating?

Wow, looks cool! I don't think I really have much purpose for such a
device, but I am interested, I'd love to see one (and maybe then I
could even justify buying one...)

I'd probably be willing to pitch in some money towards a shared one,
we could buy it as a group, and use it for BLUG presentations! :)
Probably not a great idea, but... I would love to see one...

David


On Mon, Nov 12, 2007 at 06:05:39PM -0500, Simón Ruiz wrote:
>Nathan,
>
>I'm FROM Bloomington, even though I currently live in Fort Wayne, does
>that count? ;-)
>
>I co-teach a Python class with my boss, and we thought: Wouldn't it be
>cool to have the kids develop software for the OLPC (since anything
>that can (reasonably) be in Python on it, is)? Well, since we also
>happen to be the people who make decisions on how Technology money
>gets spent, I B2G2'd this morning so we have a couple of development
>machines on hand.
>
>The kids seem pretty pumped about it, and they're working on a
>Battleship play-alike game for it which they call XOnar (working name,
>but pretty clever if you ask me).
>
>Hope they ship out soon!
>
>Simón
>
>On Nov 12, 2007 5:53 PM, ¥ dosman ¥ <dosman33@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hello BLUG members,
>>
>> I am strongly considering the "Give One Get One" program where you purchase
>> two XO's; one is given to a child in a developing nation and the other you
>> get to keep. Since it is based on Fedora 7 I figured I could get away with
>> bringing this up here, is anyone else looking at this? It would be nice to
>> have a local group of folks with them so the wi-mesh and group applications
>> could be tested. Also I am interested in seeing what I can contribute to the
>> platform if anything.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> -Nathan
>>
>> http://www.laptopgiving.org
>>
>>
>>
>> ________________________________
>> Climb to the top of the charts! Play Star Shuffle: the word scramble
>> challenge with star power. Play Now!
>
>_______________________________________________
>BLUG mailing list
>BLUG@linuxfan.com
>http://mailman.cs.indiana.edu/mailman/listinfo/blug
_______________________________________________
BLUG mailing list
BLUG@linuxfan.com
http://mailman.cs.indiana.edu/mailman/listinfo/blug

No comments: