Monday, November 12, 2007

RE: [BLUG] OLPC - anyone from Bloomington participating?

That is great to hear, I'm interested in seeing what the finished product looks like. And I like the XOnar name too.

-Nathan


> From: simon.a.ruiz@gmail.com
> To: blug@cs.indiana.edu
> Subject: Re: [BLUG] OLPC - anyone from Bloomington participating?
> Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 18:05:39 -0500
>
> Nathan,
>
> I'm FROM Bloomington, even though I currently live in Fort Wayne, does
> that count? ;-)
>
> I co-teach a Python class with my boss, and we thought: Wouldn't it be
> cool to have the kids develop software for the OLPC (since anything
> that can (reasonably) be in Python on it, is)? Well, since we also
> happen to be the people who make decisions on how Technology money
> gets spent, I B2G2'd this morning so we have a couple of development
> machines on hand.
>
> The kids seem pretty pumped about it, and they're working on a
> Battleship play-alike game for it which they call XOnar (working name,
> but pretty clever if you ask me).
>
> Hope they ship out soon!
>
> Simón
>
> On Nov 12, 2007 5:53 PM, ¥ dosman ¥ <dosman33@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hello BLUG members,
> >
> > I am strongly considering the "Give One Get One" program where you purchase
> > two XO's; one is given to a child in a developing nation and the other you
> > get to keep. Since it is based on Fedora 7 I figured I could get away with
> > bringing this up here, is anyone else looking at this? It would be nice to
> > have a local group of folks with them so the wi-mesh and group applications
> > could be tested. Also I am interested in seeing what I can contribute to the
> > platform if anything.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > -Nathan
> >
> > http://www.laptopgiving.org
> >
> >
> >
> > ________________________________
> > Climb to the top of the charts! Play Star Shuffle: the word scramble
> > challenge with star power. Play Now!
>
> _______________________________________________
> BLUG mailing list
> BLUG@linuxfan.com
> http://mailman.cs.indiana.edu/mailman/listinfo/blug


Peek-a-boo FREE Tricks & Treats for You! Get 'em!

No comments: