Thursday, July 31, 2008

Re: [BLUG] LiMo Phones, Plans

I know that Ubuntu has a platform for mobile devices, but I've not
heard of anyone shipping with them. I like Ubuntu in general, so I'm
interested in this.

I've been using a Palm Treo for some time. It, however, doesn't really
fit my needs well. What I really need is a good SSH client. (I have a
client for the Treo that loudly proclaims how insecure it probably is.)

I, too, am interested in a decent Linux based phone, preferably with
Sprint as a carrier as I regularly go somewhere without coverage for
anyone else. (Anyone else that goes there gets zero bars. If you have
Sprint, you have full bars.)

I currently have an AT&T plan. I can tell you without a doubt that the
coverage is spotty in Bloomington, and some of the surrounding areas get
no coverage at times. T-mobile coverage is also quite spotty locally.

Cheers,
Steven Black

On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 08:48:19PM -0400, Matt Zink wrote:
> Hello All:
> I'm one of the handful of people on this earth who still doesn't own a cell
> phone. I'm thinking of getting one now - I'm curious: What do people know
> about LiMo (Linux on a Mobile) based phones? Does anyone have experience with
> them? What was your experience? I know that the Razr2 from Motorola is a LiMo
> phone. Can anyone make any recommendations about plans/carriers as well?
>
> You can respond off list if you wish.
> Take care everyone,
> Matt

_______________________________________________
BLUG mailing list
BLUG@linuxfan.com
http://mailman.cs.indiana.edu/mailman/listinfo/blug

No comments: