Thursday, July 31, 2008

Re: [BLUG] LiMo Phones, Plans

I actually was salivating for all of 2007 waiting for the OpenMoko phone's consumer edition, but stopped visiting their website over time.  I see now the consumer version has been released - we might have a winner!  Any input on anything pertaining to cell phones would be welcome to this n00b.  I'm going to start checking into plans as well, and would welcome responses to that also.  (There's already been some good advice in this thread.)  My own values make me very reluctant to go with AT&T because of their complicity (and subsequent lobbying for protection from lawsuits) in domestic spying, but I'm guessing there's no such thing as a shiny, innocent telcom co.
Anyway - does anyone have an OpenMoko phone?  What do you think of it?
Matt

No comments: