Thursday, July 31, 2008

Re: [BLUG] LiMo Phones, Plans

How usable is the onscreen keyboard for the 800? Is it good enough to be able to occasionally ssh
into a server without going insane? I'm not talking about completely working remotely via either
tablet, I'm thinking more along the lines of checking on running jobs and using pine. I've been
mulling over getting one or the other and the hardware keyboard seems really appealing. Aside from
that I prefer the 2 memory slots and FM radio that the N800 has.

Josh

Simón Ruiz wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 31, 2008 at 2:10 PM, Barry Schatz <sorbetninja@gmail.com
> <mailto:sorbetninja@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
> I use Verizon, and have found the coverage weak in some places, but
> I rarely have no signal at all. I have not tried their data plan, so
> I don't know how good they would be for your needs. My girlfriend
> has a data plan with AT&T, and she finds it good enough to regularly
> use Opera on her phone.
>
> I plan to get a Nokia n810, and use the internet through my phone
> via bluetooth. I'm not willing to use a Blackberry form-factor
> keyboard with ssh. Also, the n810 is so darned cool!
>
>
> If you don't need the hardware thumbboard or the onboard GPS, the n800
> is quite a bit cheaper and virtually identical other than those two things.
>
> I just need to get a charger for mine, since without a charger it's
> pretty much just a pretty sleek paperweight.
>
> Simón
>
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> _______________________________________________
> BLUG mailing list
> BLUG@linuxfan.com
> http://mailman.cs.indiana.edu/mailman/listinfo/blug
_______________________________________________
BLUG mailing list
BLUG@linuxfan.com
http://mailman.cs.indiana.edu/mailman/listinfo/blug

No comments: