Thursday, September 4, 2008

Re: [BLUG] android phones

I too am interested in this, as well as the aforementioned OpenMoko phones.

On Thu, Sep 4, 2008 at 11:49 AM, Ben Shewmaker <ben@shewbox.org> wrote:
I know a month or so back there was a discussion on open mobile phones.  My LG phone's battery is just about shot (goes from fully charged to empty in no time flat), and I see buying a new battery would cost me $50.  My 2 year contract is up with Sprint so I'm looking at either new phone and/or carrier. 

Does anybody know anything about Android phones?  I'd love my next phone to be an open one and didn't know if there were any android phones in the wild yet.  All I can find is that Google's site says Q4 will see the first release of 1.0 android phones.  I can't really wait too long to get a new phone, but I also dont' wanna lock myself into a plan and then have some better options come out shortly thereafter.

thanks

Ben

_______________________________________________
BLUG mailing list
BLUG@linuxfan.com
http://mailman.cs.indiana.edu/mailman/listinfo/blug


No comments: