Friday, November 7, 2008

Re: [BLUG] meeting identifiers and other options

These are great ideas, James and Steven. As for "identifiers", I thought a table-full of Linux-lovers kinda stood out.  ;)

No seriously, these are good ideas.  I will say that if a newb is looking for us, somebody usually has a laptop or something like that.

I also love the idea of taking some meeting photos.  Many of us are far better-looking than someone might expect, and that could throw them off.  Eventually, I'd like to start recording the presentations, but that takes hardware.  Maybe I'll try it out with my Macbook next presentation we have, and see what kind of quality I get.


Dave Cooley dcooley@kiva.net


Steven Black wrote:
As a long-time meeter of people I only knew from online, I can say that an identifier (like a penguin) would work, but a better option may be to get photos of the folks that manage to attend regularly up. Better still would be some photos of some of the meetings (both social and structured).  Plus, I think photos may help encourage people to attend a little better. If there are photos of some of the meetings, they can get an idea of what happens. Worst case, someone can tell the spouse, "I'm going out to meet a bunch of crazy Linux fans. If I don't come back, these are their names and pictures."  Just my two cents. I'll be stuck in Indy until I can either take my baby home or she's big enough to transfer to B-ton.  Cheers,    
 
_______________________________________________ BLUG mailing list BLUG@linuxfan.com http://mailman.cs.indiana.edu/mailman/listinfo/blug

No comments: