Thursday, January 29, 2009

Re: [BLUG] reminder: meeting TONIGHT

I teach dog agility on Tuesdays, but I can shuffle that around some,
maybe just do an early class on BLUG nights and arrive fashionably
late. Y'all will be far to polite to comment on the fur and treat
crumbs and herding-dog spit on my clothing....

Ana

On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 12:48 PM, Adil Minocherhomjee
<adilminocherhomjee@gmail.com> wrote:
> Tuesdays would be better.
>
> Barry, you could use a doodle.com poll to figure out the optimal meeting
> time.
>
> -Adil
>
> On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 12:45 PM, Barry Schatz <sorbetninja@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> I was thinking next and subsequent meetings could be moved back to
>> Tuesdays. Depends what works for everyone else.
>>
>> -Barry
>>
>> Pawsitive Results wrote:
>> > FWIW, I used to attend meetings pretty regularly. Then, being around
>> > so many students, I got inspired and started taking a few computer
>> > classes at Ivy Tech. Which meant suddenly I was always busy, in class,
>> > on Tuesday nights, and couldn't make meetings any more.
>> > This semester, I'm only taking ONE class.
>> > It meets Thursdays from 6-9.
>> > Yeah, Linux Networking and Security. That class...
>> >
>> > Wednesdays are good. Mondays are good until the weather is decent.
>> >
>> > Or, I wait 'til summer....
>> >
>> > Ana Greavu
>> >
>> >
>> > On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 10:57 AM, Barry Schatz <sorbetninja@gmail.com>
>> > wrote:
>> >
>> >> I probably should have made more noise earlier in the week. Oh well. As
>> >> I mentioned in another thread, we are on for 7:00 pm in the Library
>> >> tonight.
>> >>
>> >> I reserved a projector and I'll have my laptop(s). I'll be going over
>> >> GPG for email and file encryption as well as signing, and I'll cover
>> >> some tools that make the process easier. I will also cover using GPG on
>> >> Windows.
>> >>
>> >> I don't think my paranoid ramblings will take up the whole meeting, so
>> >> we can also talk about other things tangentially related. My laptops
>> >> run
>> >> KDE 4.2, in case you want to play with a working installation of such.
>> >> I
>> >> also want to talk about when February's meeting should be scheduled.
>> >>
>> >> -Barry
>> >> _______________________________________________
>> >> BLUG mailing list
>> >> BLUG@linuxfan.com
>> >> http://mailman.cs.indiana.edu/mailman/listinfo/blug
>> >>
>> >>
>> > _______________________________________________
>> > BLUG mailing list
>> > BLUG@linuxfan.com
>> > http://mailman.cs.indiana.edu/mailman/listinfo/blug
>> >
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> BLUG mailing list
>> BLUG@linuxfan.com
>> http://mailman.cs.indiana.edu/mailman/listinfo/blug
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> BLUG mailing list
> BLUG@linuxfan.com
> http://mailman.cs.indiana.edu/mailman/listinfo/blug
>
>
_______________________________________________
BLUG mailing list
BLUG@linuxfan.com
http://mailman.cs.indiana.edu/mailman/listinfo/blug

No comments: