Thursday, June 4, 2009

[BLUG] EeePC (was What have you done ...)

On Wed, 3 Jun 2009, Kirk Gleason wrote:

> Have you installed Linux on the Asus Eee PC? I just bought one
> for yet another project at work, and I was wondering if the
> thing would run Linux.

See http://forum.eeeuser.com/index.php

My 701 (the first or maybe second version to hit the
market) *came* with Linux.

It was Xandros, which had sold out to the Gates of Hell,
and had an interface so much like Windows I had to get it off
there or barf after half an hour.

I've now tried out eight or ten distros on it. Some are
slow, or slow to boot (including Fedora 10, but the Fedora list
says that was my fault); and many are ubuntoid, which I happen to
be allergic to. But I can't think of one that doesn't at least
install and run, one way or another.

--
Beartooth Implacable, Curmudgeonly Codger Learning Linux
On the Internet, you can never tell who is a dog --
supposing you care -- but you can tell who has a mind.
_______________________________________________
BLUG mailing list
BLUG@linuxfan.com
http://mailman.cs.indiana.edu/mailman/listinfo/blug

No comments: