Thursday, June 4, 2009

Re: [BLUG] Linux in HDTVs

David Ernst wrote:
> It was. Apparently the TV has an AMD chip of some sort in it and it's
> running some kind of embedded linux with just a few features enabled.
> This wasn't a guide to hacking the TV, this was a license, and I think
> it included little more than what was required of them by law. But it
> did list a few bits of software by name. curl, in particular, caught
> my eye.

I was at the Linux Foundation's Collaboration Summit last year and the
executive from Motorola mentioned that Embedded Linux is quite common in
digital TVs (I think she said "all digital TVs have embedded Linux" but
I may have remembered wrong).
_______________________________________________
BLUG mailing list
BLUG@linuxfan.com
http://mailman.cs.indiana.edu/mailman/listinfo/blug

No comments: