Monday, November 16, 2009

Re: [BLUG] My Ubuntu/Linux bitch

Mark Warner wrote:
> Mark Krenz wrote:
>
>>
>> Sometimes after I upgrade to a new version of Gnome, I login thinking
>> "Wow, this is gonna be cool, I can't wait to see how different it looks"
>> and then I login and think, hmmmm, it looks about the same. ;-)
>>
>
> I envy you Gnomies in that regard. I'm not looking forward to making the
> leap to KDE 4.
>
>
By the time you make the switch, KDE4 will be ready for you. They made a
nasty mistake with 4.0.0, but they codenamed it "will eat your children"
for a reason. I have nothing but praise for the 4.3.x series, and 4.4
will have even more to love.
> Then again, if I was using Windows, it would be W2K.
>
At work, I dual book WinXP and Win7. I have both themed to look like
Win2K. By avoiding the fancy bling and empty features I have avoided the
Microsoft tithe (when you have to reinstall the OS because it's slow or
infected) for 2 years and counting.

-Barry
_______________________________________________
BLUG mailing list
BLUG@linuxfan.com
http://mailman.cs.indiana.edu/mailman/listinfo/blug

No comments: