Monday, November 16, 2009

Re: [BLUG] My Ubuntu/Linux bitch

Barry Schatz wrote:
> Mark Warner wrote:
>> Mark Krenz wrote:
>>>
>>> Sometimes after I upgrade to a new version of Gnome, I login thinking
>>> "Wow, this is gonna be cool, I can't wait to see how different it looks"
>>> and then I login and think, hmmmm, it looks about the same. ;-)
>>
>> I envy you Gnomies in that regard. I'm not looking forward to making the
>> leap to KDE 4.
>
> By the time you make the switch, KDE4 will be ready for you.

That's what I'm counting on. Warren Woodford is nothing if not anal
about stability and "solidity". He's been working on his deployment of
KDE 4.x for some time, and from what I understand is only now beginning
to get it nailed down. As has always been the case with his releases
(with one notable exception that I won't bother going into detail
about), I fully expect it to be "ready" when he pulls the trigger.

Whether *I* am ready is another question altogether.

--
Mark Warner
MEPIS Linux
Registered Linux User #415318

_______________________________________________
BLUG mailing list
BLUG@linuxfan.com
http://mailman.cs.indiana.edu/mailman/listinfo/blug

No comments: