Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Re: [BLUG] I don't think Linux will ever be ready for the Desktop

Joe Auty wrote:
> I know this is sort of troll-like, but I do mean this in a constructive
> way. I've wanted Linux to be ready for the Desktop, but I just don't
> think it will ever get there. At what point does it make sense to just
> focus on using Linux on servers and give up on using it as a Desktop OS?
>
> The failings of Ubuntu,

I'd suggest you try something besides Ubuntu. In my (admittedly limited)
experience, there are desktop distros out there that are far more stable
than Ubuntu. Perhaps Debian stable, or a direct derivative thereof (see
my sig)?

--
Mark Warner
MEPIS Linux
Registered Linux User #415318

_______________________________________________
BLUG mailing list
BLUG@linuxfan.com
http://mailman.cs.indiana.edu/mailman/listinfo/blug

No comments: