Friday, May 7, 2010

Re: [BLUG] I don't think Linux will ever be ready for the Desktop

On Fri, May 7, 2010 at 12:12 PM, Simón Ruiz <simon.a.ruiz@gmail.com> wrote:
> I agree that we don't need those packages, hell I use GIMP on Windows
> even if it's installed side-by-side with Adobe CS3 (which it is at my
> work) and I understand HTML 5 should obsolete some of the more common
> situations where  Flash is currently "needed".
>
> And I agree that even without those big commercial packages Linux
> adoption will grow for the reasons you listed and more...leading to
> those same big commercial packages being released for Linux...leading
> to more people using Linux.
>
> I don't think we're disagreeing on principle here. Or am I missing something?

Aye. We agree more than not. I should've replied to the person before you.

Sorry about that. I was feeling hot-headed and didn't select the
correct email before replying.

Personally, I'm really looking forward to the better SVG support
required by HTML5. The HTML5 spec is very pragmatic in the approach to
many issues. Some of the decisions turn my stomach as it violates
other specs, but when the masses violate a spec, HTML5 also violates
the spec. The logic is sound, if unfortunate.

Cheers,
Steven Black

_______________________________________________
BLUG mailing list
BLUG@linuxfan.com
http://mailman.cs.indiana.edu/mailman/listinfo/blug

No comments: