Friday, May 7, 2010

Re: [BLUG] I don't think Linux will ever be ready for the Desktop

Simón Ruiz wrote:
Of course, my goal was to be free of proprietary software, not just to
have a free Photoshop clone.    

Can I ask why you want to be free of proprietary software? I know you're not the only one who feels this way...

Does it relate to moral opinions about selling software? Is it wanting to save money? I can't say I understand this sentiment completely. I can understand open protocols and formats, but everything else is a little unclear to me...

Feel free to speak for just yourself if you aren't inclined to speak on behalf of everybody else :)



--
Joe Auty, NetMusician
NetMusician helps musicians, bands and artists create beautiful, professional, custom designed, career-essential websites that are easy to maintain and to integrate with popular social networks.
www.netmusician.org
joe@netmusician.org

No comments: