Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Re: [BLUG] Story of reversed roles

Hi Ana. Do you have a shovel? I need to dig myself out of this hole
I've gotten into. ;-)

I'm happy to see that you've had lots of success converting people.

On Wed, Nov 17, 2010 at 03:28:17PM GMT, Ana Greavu-Rachow [pawsitiveresults@gmail.com] said the following:
> I've got my husband using a Linux netbook these days, and my 11-year-old
> stepdaughter is constantly asking to borrow it...I gave her an older Mac,
> that she pretty much refused to learn to use, but she's doing MUCH better
> with Linux...
>
> --
> Ana Greavu-Rachow
> UAg-I Thunderpaws Blackheart MX MXJ PD1 PJ3 PS2 PR2 PK2 CL4 "Jett"
> UAg-I Norwood's Linux Hypervisor AX OAJ JHD AD AG AJ SR CL2 CL3-RSF "Xen"
>
> On Wed, Nov 17, 2010 at 10:23 AM, Mark Krenz <mark@slugbug.org> wrote:
>
> >
> > I saw an interesting thing happen on Saturday at PC Max.
> >
> > While in there looking for wireless bridging equipment, I overheard a
> > conversation between two customers, a mother and what I assume was her
> > teenage son, talking to the salesman about Linux. The interesting thing
> > is that the mother was actually trying to convince her son that Linux
> > was good and he was the one being skeptical, making an excuse about it
> > possibly not running many games. Being the geek I am, I suddenly felt
> > and uncontrollable urge to become a 12 year old kid in a computer store
> > and found myself interjecting that it does play lots of games using Wine
> > and pointed out that probably half the games that you see on the shelves
> > would actually fully install and run under Wine these days. It at least
> > seemed to debunk a myth for him a little bit.
> >
> > I'm not saying that it was unusual for a woman to be advocating Linux,
> > or perhaps even a mother, its just that you don't see it happen often or
> > even hear of it happening often. Anyways, thought it was an interesting
> > thing to share.
> >
> >
> >
> > --
> > Mark Krenz
> > Bloomington Linux Users Group
> > http://www.bloomingtonlinux.org/
> > _______________________________________________
> > BLUG mailing list
> > BLUG@linuxfan.com
> > http://mailman.cs.indiana.edu/mailman/listinfo/blug
> >

> _______________________________________________
> BLUG mailing list
> BLUG@linuxfan.com
> http://mailman.cs.indiana.edu/mailman/listinfo/blug


--
Mark Krenz
Bloomington Linux Users Group
http://www.bloomingtonlinux.org/
_______________________________________________
BLUG mailing list
BLUG@linuxfan.com
http://mailman.cs.indiana.edu/mailman/listinfo/blug

No comments: