Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Re: [BLUG] Story of reversed roles

Doesn't surprise me. The kid wants to play games. The mom is tired of
paying to have it deloused.

Mark Krenz wrote:
> I saw an interesting thing happen on Saturday at PC Max.
>
> While in there looking for wireless bridging equipment, I overheard a
> conversation between two customers, a mother and what I assume was her
> teenage son, talking to the salesman about Linux. The interesting thing
> is that the mother was actually trying to convince her son that Linux
> was good and he was the one being skeptical, making an excuse about it
> possibly not running many games. Being the geek I am, I suddenly felt
> and uncontrollable urge to become a 12 year old kid in a computer store
> and found myself interjecting that it does play lots of games using Wine
> and pointed out that probably half the games that you see on the shelves
> would actually fully install and run under Wine these days. It at least
> seemed to debunk a myth for him a little bit.
>
> I'm not saying that it was unusual for a woman to be advocating Linux,
> or perhaps even a mother, its just that you don't see it happen often or
> even hear of it happening often. Anyways, thought it was an interesting
> thing to share.
>
>
>

--
Mark Warner
_______________________________________________
BLUG mailing list
BLUG@linuxfan.com
http://mailman.cs.indiana.edu/mailman/listinfo/blug

No comments: