Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Re: [BLUG] insight broadband vs. flets

Does anybody else smell sarcasm? The odor is really strong from where
I'm sitting. I think I'm going to need to call the utility company to
get checked out for a leak.

On Tue, May 22, 2007 at 05:31:36PM GMT, Simón Ruiz [simon.a.ruiz@gmail.com] said the following:
> FIOS in Fort Wayne is 15M/2M, but I couldn't get it.
>
> On the plus side, as a consolation prize I get to pay Verizon MORE
> money for 1.5M/400K DSL (because I have to pay for a phone line,
> though thankfully I don't actually have to plug a phone into it) that
> took them a week from the time that they first called to tell me it
> was activated and I was getting billed (thanks, I needed to relearn
> how to use a phone book to get around town). I was worried what I
> would do with the extra income I'm getting from my new job, but
> Verizon was kind enough to step up to the plate and help a customer
> out with that.
>
> But, wait, there's more. You might think that's an awesome deal as it
> is, but the DSL connection comes equipped with a built-in enforced
> breaks feature which forces me to get up from time to time and read a
> book, which is a neat feature though I think I'm going to request they
> add the option to choose what time the DSL goes out so it's not right
> when I really need it
>
> Even better, the package bundle comes with a router that needs to be
> power cycled from time to time to regain the DSL connection and/or the
> wireless connection. I don't know about you, but I love my job so much
> that I want to keep troubleshooting network issues when I get home!
>
> From this perspective, Verizon gets a big thumbs up from me.
>
> :-/
>
> Simón
>
> P.S. Wow, I could have just said "don't get me started on Verizon" and
> saved a lot of your time...
>
> On 5/22/07, Michael Schultheiss <schultmc@cinlug.org> wrote:
> >Nope. I have some friends and family with Verizon FiOS and I think
> >their current max speed is 30 Mbps down and 5 Mbps up.
>
> --
> -Simón A. Ruiz
>
> _______________________________________________
> BLUG mailing list
> BLUG@linuxfan.com
> http://mailman.cs.indiana.edu/mailman/listinfo/blug
>

--
Mark Krenz
Bloomington Linux Users Group
http://www.bloomingtonlinux.org/

_______________________________________________
BLUG mailing list
BLUG@linuxfan.com
http://mailman.cs.indiana.edu/mailman/listinfo/blug

No comments: