Monday, July 30, 2007

[BLUG] Off-topic-ish

We've got a big sander thingy here...I know for a fact that it's not been used, because it doesn't work, for at least four years (i.e. as long as I've been here.) The nice scrap of paper the guys gave me says
"Allen-Bradley
Keypad Cat. #
     2711-K3A5L1
Processor
     Micrologic 1200"

Basically, we're looking at motor controls, limit switches, controlling variable rates of travel and RPM. What's wrong with the computer? "It doesn't work."

Not real helpful, I know...anyone know where I might start to find someone who could take a look at this? I know for a fact that the original manufacturer of this equipment has been out of business for a number of years. We hear rumors that a fab shop in Wisconsin or somesuch has one of these and it works....

Ana Greavu

No comments: