Monday, April 28, 2008

Re: [BLUG] thoroughly unimpressed with Hardy

On Mon, 2008-04-28 at 02:41 +0000, Mark Krenz wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 28, 2008 at 02:18:00AM GMT, Joe Auty [joe@netmusician.org] said the following:
> >
> > 3) Synergy now needs to be run as root
>
> That's very strange and not good.
>
> > I'm thinking about downgrading back to Gutsy, but I'm kind of afraid
> > to do that... I may have to wipe/reinstall. I guess next time I
> > shouldn't count on these upgrades going as smoothly as my upgrade from
> > Fiesty to Gutsy did.
>
> I rarely do an "upgrade". I usually wipe and reinstall. Its a good
> oppurtunity for me to clean things up like my home directory, discover
> new software, drop unused software and avoid these wierd problems that
> happen when you upgrade your operating system. It really is not a Linux
> thing, its an OS thing. Windows, Linux, Mac.. same difference. Don't
> upgrade. Reinstall. Except with Windows you also reinstall it to fix
> most problems.
>
>

Cleaning up is for the weak!

Actually, I have /home on a separate filesystem so I can upgrade or
clean install without losing my settings and data.

Brian

_______________________________________________
BLUG mailing list
BLUG@linuxfan.com
http://mailman.cs.indiana.edu/mailman/listinfo/blug

No comments: