Saturday, July 12, 2008

Re: [BLUG] recommendations on a good digi cam

I've been *really* happy with my Canon Powershot--mine's an older model, the A520. It was in the price range listed when I bought it, and I couldn't possibly be happier with it. Several agility/border collie friends have asked for my advice, and I've recommended the PowerShot--everyone has been pleased. Better-than-typical macro capability, decent at stopping action.

(Xen finished her AKC Novice Standard title this morning at an agility trial up in Carmel.)

Ana Greavu



On Sat, Jul 12, 2008 at 3:16 PM, matthewzin@gmail.com <matthewzin@gmail.com> wrote:
I'd be interested in this info as well, particularly if there is one camera that is a little more Ubuntu friendlier than others.  (Though I suspect this won't be much of an issue.)
Thanks,
Matt

Ben Shewmaker wrote:
Hey everybody,

I'm in the market for a new digital camera.  I'm looking to spend between $200 and maybe as high as $300 depending on the camera and the deal.  I'm looking for a decent point and shoot, but I don't need anything really advanced or fancy, just want a good quality camera with a good lens that takes great pictures.  I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations?

Thanks!

Ben Shewmaker

_______________________________________________ BLUG mailing list BLUG@linuxfan.com http://mailman.cs.indiana.edu/mailman/listinfo/blug


_______________________________________________
BLUG mailing list
BLUG@linuxfan.com
http://mailman.cs.indiana.edu/mailman/listinfo/blug


No comments: