Saturday, July 12, 2008

Re: [BLUG] recommendations on a good digi cam

I've never owned a Canon I wasn't pleased with.  Darn fine cameras.

If you want to go "on the cheap" I've also been quite pleased with my inexpensive Kodak (which also can use AA batteries, if you can't get to the charger).
Dave Cooley dcooley@kiva.net


Michael Schultheiss wrote:
Pawsitive Results wrote:   
   I've been *really* happy with my Canon Powershot--mine's an older    model, the A520. It was in the price range listed when I bought it, and    I couldn't possibly be happier with it. Several agility/border collie    friends have asked for my advice, and I've recommended the    PowerShot--everyone has been pleased. Better-than-typical macro    capability, decent at stopping action.     
 I second the recommendation of Canon Powershots.  They're powered by AA batteries, which you can get anywhere.  My wife and I had a bad experience with a Sony camera with a proprietary battery pack so we've used AA powered cameras ever since.  Our latest camera was an A650is. It was about $400 last year but a recent check shows it for $306.94. _______________________________________________ BLUG mailing list BLUG@linuxfan.com http://mailman.cs.indiana.edu/mailman/listinfo/blug   

No comments: